Outdoor activities are the mainstay of the AMC. We're a group of people who really like doing stuff in the wilderness. Our outdoor activites are organized by various committees focused on different kinds of activities.
• Tuesday Hikers schedule an outing somewhere in western Massachusetts every Tuesday, all year 'round.
• Outings organizes general, non-technical activities like hiking, road biking, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and backpacking trips.
• Canoe/Kayak handles on-the-water recreation; it has separate sub-groups for quietwater paddling, whitewater paddling, and sea kayaking.
• Mountaineering organizes rock climbing (sport, traditional, and multi-pitch), with the occasional ice climbing, indoor wall climbing, or backcountry skiing trip.
• Young Members does all kinds of things (hiking, biking, social events, and others). YM trips are open to all, but specifically aimed at people in their 20s and 30s.
You don't have to be an AMC member to participate. To get in on the fun: find a trip that interests you in our schedule of events. Then, call or email the trip leader and say you want to join. You'll be told when and where to meet. If you're unsure of the requirements or details, feel free to discuss those with the leader. (Some trips are "show and go", meaning that they list the meeting time and place and you don't have to contact the leader first. You still can, though, if you want to find out more.)
Please do read our trip policy first, though.